The success of a presentation is usually determined by how far you are able to get participants to be involved within your content. This requires a full concentration of the audience (without any disturbance). Here are some tips as suggested by DoctorSlide.com.
Maximize The Usage of The Word "Us"
Compared if you just use the word "I" as single perspective only along the presentation then it would be really self-centric and boring for the audience. We suggest that it would be much better to use collective kind of noun that shows togetherness with the participants. Such as word "us" will be more comfortable and sounds 'populist' when you are presenting a background problem before entering to a product or service presentation.
Sharing Interesting Facts
You can direct the participants' concentration to your presentation by using some of opening phrases that lead to interesting facts:
- Did you know that ....?
- Research shows that ....
- I've once read that ....
- There is a surprising thing where ....
- It turns out that ....
You can involve participants by getting to know their names first and then asking specific questions about themselves in the presentation forum, for example:
- Mrs. Shinta, I'm sure you have a lot of interesting experiences. How are your comments related to this?
- Maybe Mr. Danny can answer that question?
- Raise your hand if you ever experience ....?
- How many of you have ever ...?
- Can you have a quick discussion with your friends regarding ...?
Diplomacy is a way to deliver unquestionable argument that you believe can drive participants' understanding. You can use the following opening sentences as a path to your own arguments to participants.
- This is surely a new thing for all of us..
- This can be a difficult thing for all of us.
- I always believe that ..
- I tend to think that ...
- To me, this topic looks ...
- We are all always faced with two choices ....
You can use some of the below connecting sentences that able to connect you and the participants:
- I know what you are thinking right now.
- I believe that everyone here ...
- We do not need to ignore the related issues ...
- We all need to think seriously about ...
- That's why you are very important to be here and ...
Clarification of Clarity
- Are you clear?
- Is there anything less clear?
- Do you have any questions?
- Are you familiar with the stats on this slide?
- If you need further discussion, here are my numbers (put your contact number/email on the presentation slide)
So there you go, some tips from DoctorSlide.com that you can use to engage your participants to pay more attention to your presentation. Do not forget to equip yourself with a good presentation slide with the clear, solid phrases as well as attractive slide presentation designs. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further presentation design slides help.
If you like our articles, help us to share this knowledge via social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn) thanks a bunch and have a nice day! :)
Disclaimer: this article originated written in Bahasa and being translated using Google Translate hence please understand if there's any mistake of tenses and/or misunderstanding that occurred. Thank you for reading!