Feedback Form or assessment form is a way to measure the satisfaction of the audience / participants of an event. The importance of this feedback form depends on what questions are being asked and how the organizer make it as an objective-reflection for the next arrangement.
If you are a typical person who loves to learn and doing self-evaluation, then feedback form is mandatory to be prepared during a presentation session. Some of you might think that we can make a quick conclusion to illustrate how the audience reacts during our session without an urgency to have feedback form, but the best way to find out is to ask the participants directly. You can measure it with a multiple choice system (disagree, agree, strongly agree) or with a numeric indicator of 1 - 10 as well as throwing open-question for more in-depth feedback. Regardless of how the scoring system works, it all depends on your choice because every answer is valuable to reflect the whole session.
What are the important questions to ask on this assessment form? Consider some examples of the following points and adjust with your goals.
- Does the presentation material match your expectations? (measuring the suitability of the content and expectations of the audience)
- How was the material delivered by the speaker? (knowing point of view about how the speaker is presenting and match with audiences' expectation)
- Is the presentation slide informative enough? (measuring the effectiveness of presentation slides that can be improved both in terms of design and copywriting terms)
- How do you think about the expertise of speaker regarding the topic? (slightly different from the second point, this point is used to measure the audience's satisfaction with the speaker when it is associated with the ability to answer the audience's questions)
- Did the room, lighting and facilities support the overall presentation? (measuring the supporting facilities, usually at this point you can expect special insight, for example: it turns out that the room temperature is considered too cold by most participants and it impacted to their concentration)
- What are your inputs for organizing committee in regards to create same event in the future? (get valuable suggestions from the audience)
- How likely do you want to recommend this event to your friends? (to find out how satisfied your audience through recommendation eagerness)
One thing to keep in mind is not to make the audience feel the burden of having to fill out this feedback form. You can slip it at the end of the presentation (when it's time for coffee break or 10 minutes before closing). If possible, you can also give a random prize to the lucky participant that fulfill completely the form and collect the feedback form back to the committee (it can be done in big forum). You can also use technology such as hyperlinks embedded via thank you email after the session. If you decide to print the form, make sure it is handy enough (highly recommended one sheet with a pencil // pen available if possible).
The point is, to launch your training sessions in the future, it is very advisable to implement a feedback form system that can help measure how successful your training is. And yes, make it priceless by assessing the feedback throughly for a better session ahead!
If you like our articles, help us to share this knowledge via social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn) thanks a bunch and have a nice day! :)
Disclaimer: this article originated written in Bahasa and being translated using Google Translate hence please understand if there's any mistake of tenses and/or misunderstanding that occurred. Thank you for reading!